Where should I send my players next?

EldorfDragonsbane

Have been having my games set in primarily New England (Lovecraft Country), with the occasional trip to New York, LA, San Francisco and New Orleans (have the pdfs of the Secrets of Books for these locations and have converted the NPC stats over to 7th ed for each of them). Just got from DrivethruRPG the Miskatonic Repository Japan source book (Hardcover plus pdf) and from Chaosium.com the Berlin source book (hard cover and pdf).

I want to get the players globe trotting in prep for Horror on the Orient Express which I plan on running middle of next year once I get the physical props finished such as the Mims Sahis (not sure if I will try to 3d print or scratch build it with eva foam and a carved leg bone from a deer) and Sedefkar Simulacrum (trying to debate between using a 12 in tall GI Joe style action figure or a Ken doll). Right now I am trying to decide if I should send the players to Europe or should I send them to the Far East after the New Year. I do have plans to get the Terror Australis source book and Harlem Unbound in the next couple months, though these arent a top priority at the moment as those I am more thinking for use to help flesh out Masks of Nyarlathotep New York and Australia chapters when I feel the players are ready for it (i do have the Secrets of Kenya sourcebook to help flesh out the Kenya chapter though I havent started to convert the NPC stats to 7th ed).

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 11:03 PM, EldorfDragonsbane said:

Right now I am trying to decide if I should send the players to Europe or should I send them to the Far East after the New Year.

If you're setting up for Horror on the Orient Express, you should probably start with Europe, so they have contacts there to build on.  (Assuming they are playing the same investigators).

• Like 1