BRP on Foundrty VTT - Beta Release

Dangermouse

19 hours ago, BlackLaird said:

Hi Dangermouse, greatly appreciated! One last request - would it be possible to also add 'Allegiance' (p211) to the Roadmap? I think that would pretty much cover everything!

Sure thing - it's added.

I've got two things on my plate before I can get some serious time for BRP (other than work, family) - but both should be done fairly soon (I hope).

Before I add more things I do want to refactor BRP to allow for using compendia rather than just in world items etc.  That may be a bit of a major recoding exercise but I've finished doing that for Pendragon so have a basis to work off.

I’ve been following this thread with great interest, and I’m thankful to see that the development of BRP is ongoing.  I will echo everyone else and say THANK YOU! for the great work being done to bring BRP to the VTT world.  Personally, I have a strong interest in playing a superhero campaign using BRP.  Is the current version compatible with this yet?  If not, is it in the “coming soon” stack?

Thanks again, @Dangermouse, for all that you’ve done and continue to do.  It is fantastic!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlDatum said:

I’ve been following this thread with great interest, and I’m thankful to see that the development of BRP is ongoing.  I will echo everyone else and say THANK YOU! for the great work being done to bring BRP to the VTT world.  Personally, I have a strong interest in playing a superhero campaign using BRP.  Is the current version compatible with this yet?  If not, is it in the “coming soon” stack?

Thanks again, @Dangermouse, for all that you’ve done and continue to do.  It is fantastic!

Superpowers and Modifiers are already built in to the extent that they exist and you can add them to the character sheet - there's no automation around them at this stage.  Hopefully enough so you can play a game but if not let me know.   

I've never played a superpower game so no idea if it does what you need.

4 hours ago, Dangermouse said:

Superpowers and Modifiers are already built in to the extent that they exist and you can add them to the character sheet - there's no automation around them at this stage.  Hopefully enough so you can play a game but if not let me know.   

I've never played a superpower game so no idea if it does what you need.

It worked really well, thanks again!  The one question I still have is whether there is a way for me to manually enter additional skills/powers/etc. into the character sheet?  It would really round it out for me if I could do that since I'm sure Superworld has a few powers that aren't in the new BRP rules.

Thanks again (for this and for Pendragon!)

Scott

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlDatum said:

It worked really well, thanks again!  The one question I still have is whether there is a way for me to manually enter additional skills/powers/etc. into the character sheet?  It would really round it out for me if I could do that since I'm sure Superworld has a few powers that aren't in the new BRP rules.

Thanks again (for this and for Pendragon!)

Scott

Hi Scott - at the moment the only option is to create a new skill, power etc under Items in the main Foundry directory and then drag the item to the character sheet.  There isn't the option to do it directly from the character sheet.  When (yeah, it's all tomorrow, tomorrow) I create an NPC sheet then I was going to put this function in for NPCs - but if there are enough people who want it for characters then it's probably not a big task - (I'd probably create a game setting so that you can decide if you want to give this option to players or just the GM).

So folks shout - if you want this then please say so and I can add it to the project backlog.

Cheers

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Folks - thank you for the kind words and your patience.

After nearly three months of whooping cough (I didn't think that was still a thing) and finishing two other projects (bar some editing) I've got back to BRP.  I'm a bit rusty on it so hopefully I've not mucked anything up.  But there's a new release (V1.14) covering two updates (changes below).

I haven't got to do major code rewrites to deal with compendia - it's on the to do list.  To get me back in to the swing of things I'm proposing to do the following four things in this order:

1) Allegiances
2) Passions
3) NPC Sheet
4) Creatures - though I havent put much thought in to how to do this yet.

If you think there are more important things to tackle then please shout.

## 11.1.14
- Added combat rolls from weapons on the hotbar
- Tidied up some of the chat message outputs
- Can cast Magic spells - click on the spell total score

## 11.1.13
- Tweaked context menus so they go up if the start point is in the bottom half of the screen
- Roll cards fixed so the correct roll is deleted rather than always the first roll
- Dice rolls now visible on opposed, cooperative and combined rolls when using Dice so Nice when roll is resolved
- Updated roll chat messages to add extra info when expanding the roll (GM or owner can click on the indidividual result lines)

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

I love the Allegiances mechanic, essentially they provide 'leveled' powers based on your allegiance score. I've used it for lots of things:

• Allegiances to Gods/Cults as written.
  • A way of having items that have different magic effects that unlock as your allegiance rises.
  • Allegiances to evil gods can measure magical corruption.

They're a great mechanic for simulating lots of different stuff. This excites me more than passions (which I also think are great).

• Like 1

The sacred sentence of science: "I might be wrong: let's find out." - David Brin

My Blog: http://grevsspace.wordpress.com/

@BlackLaird @Greville

As the two people (apologies if I missed others) who asked for allegiance - would this work for you (and anyone else please feel free to chip in).

This is just basic at the moment.

• Opposed Allegiance is just text entry - nothing validated
  • Title is free text in case you want a rank for title
  • Allied option will (when I code it) only be available to tick when you meet the criteria (20+ above other allegiance and top scored)
  • Apotheosis will only appear when AP are 100+ and you are allied
  • Benefits are (like description and GM notes) just text.

I'll create an Allegiance Check roll and make sure it works as a hotbar selection as well.  I'll also add a game setting so GM's can turn it off.  Will also do the drap n drop checks to make sure you don't have the allegiance already.

There's no automation of benefits because I can't code in all eventualities - but that's true of a lot of BRP - the game is just too big.

What's missing - what else is needed - but I'm trying to code "out of the box" BRP not house rules?

Cheers

image.jpeg.305eed2c8caf12a84746d08debe6dd5f.jpeg

• Like 1

I'll create an Allegiance Check roll and make sure it works as a hotbar selection as well.  I'll also add a game setting so GM's can turn it off.  Will also do the drap n drop checks to make sure you don't have the allegiance already.

This looks really good to me. Like you say out of the box is fine, this is plenty to get started with.

• Like 1

The sacred sentence of science: "I might be wrong: let's find out." - David Brin

My Blog: http://grevsspace.wordpress.com/

Allegiance are (I think) ready to go in the next release.

There's a game setting for them (default is off).  When turned on you can drag the allegiances to the character sheet and there's a specific tab

There's a context menu like skills etc and an Allegiance roll (just a normal roll, not opposed or group).

There's an XP (improvement) check that works the same as skills, magic etc (you can make the individual roll from the actual allegiance context menu when Development Mode is on or from the Skills Tab menu.

If you add the allegiance to the hotbar you can make the Allegiance roll from there as well.

The "Allied" check box only shows if either you are allied or are eligble to be allied (highest score and 20 points clear of the next allegiance).

The Apotheosis check box is only shown if you are Allied and have a score of 100+

I think that's all of it but if you think I'm missing things then please shout as I will probably look at Passions and bundle both changes in to the next release.

I've put the Foundry request in for it to become a "formal" package even though it still needs a lot of work but at least it means you'll get notified of changes from within Foundry.

Cheers

Simon

allegiance.jpg

• Like 1