Feedback und Help for my first own case file?

Hello !

I'm working on our first RoL- file case and need some help. 
Because of some reasons the case has to be around the disappearance of a young lively student, who inherited some jewelry from her grandfather. He used to be a magic-practitioner. While researching she came into contact with some demi-monde.

My problem: I can't decide the actual reason for her disappearance. These are  my ideas:

1) In a demi-monde pub she attracts the attention of an „evil“ mage who considers her a witch and kidnaps her for the jewelry or her magic talents.

2) With her secret magic exercises in an old cellar she provokes a genius loci/ powerful beeing, which imprisoned the young woman.

a)  Genius Loci/Beeing of a historic cruel finishing school for young ladies
b) Powerfull ghost / beeing which identifies ( through the nearby) remains of a famous with hunter.

I would appreciate your feedback and ideas.

There is also the classic "abducted by a suitor" -- both genders of mortals have folkloric antecedents for such shenanigans.

This brings up the conundrum for the PC's -- was the "victim" actually willing, not a victim at all?
Or they weren't originally willing, but (Beauty & the Beast style) genuinely became so?

Maybe they now appear willing... but if so, are they under a glamour?

C'es ne pas un .sig

If you're not looking for "kidnapped" there's also the "practising magic" and acciendtally opened a portal then wandered through?  She's wandered through, portal closed and got lost - the party have to look to find a way to go through and retrieve her?

Perhaps she's then become friendly with the Demi-Monde and doesn't want to leave or maybe she has been taken prisoner and can't.

1 hour ago, Dangermouse said:

If you're not looking for "kidnapped" there's also the "practising magic" and acciendtally opened a portal then wandered through?  She's wandered through, portal closed and got lost - the party have to look to find a way to go through and retrieve her?

Perhaps she's then become friendly with the Demi-Monde and doesn't want to leave or maybe she has been taken prisoner and can't.

Im not finished with the book series but a magic portal does not fit the part of the series I read. There was just this one with the high fairy, but someone like here would be to strong for my beginner pc.

The jewelry does something magical. When her grandfather owned it he kept it under lock and key. It might be assumed that he did this because it was valuable and he didn't want it stolen, and he never wore it because it was ladies jewelry. But it is also dangerous or attracts the attention of dangerous folk. So after she inherited it and went around wearing it she put herself in harms way. The police might get involved because the leading theory was that she met with foul play by a mundane thief who wanted to steal the jewelry and sell it