Addition to the site

wbcreighton

I like most of the changes that you made to the site, but there is one thing I will really miss.

The separate forum that had a thread for each BRP product and monograph was very useful. When I went to that one page I used to be able to tell if there were any new posts in any of the threads. Now I am going to have to go to each and every thread ( one for each product) to see if there is a new post. Of course I'm not going to do that, so I won't be seeing any of the posts on those threads.

Is it possible to re-establish that page ? :)

I use  fantasygrounds.com

I concur.

I miss the separation of discussion threads and product threads into two different forums, or sub-forums.

I see the, or at least, a rationale behind the current state of affairs, yet the possibility to ask questions and look at products in a separate thread was very nice. As of now a lot more browsing is needed if looking for a specific product thread. Where questions I might have about that product already might be answered or I could come with my own questions, instead of starting a new thread, which isn't always necessary in my opinion, or going through pages of threads looking for the threads... and then seeing the thread disappear when answers take time coming, thus it would possibly take even more time to get answers for product related questions, that would best be listed in that thread… if of course the idea with the product threads is to have related questions posted in them…

Its not a big issue, but it was nicer and more practical the way it was, in my opinion at least.

"What about the future...? We only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Jegergrytes Creative Cubicle

I concur.

I miss the separation of discussion threads and product threads into two different forums, or sub-forums.

I see the, or at least, a rationale behind the current state of affairs, yet the possibility to ask questions and look at products in a separate thread was very nice. As of now a lot more browsing is needed if looking for a specific product thread.

I didn't notice the new sticky at the top of this forum originally. The products are still covered in their own threads:

http://basicroleplaying.com/showthread.php/2492-Basic-Roleplaying-Supplements-amp-Links

But the issue I have is that I still need to check each and every one of those threads to see if the is anything new posted. Whereas before all I had to do was go to the Products Forum and the threads with new posts would be at the top.

Each forum will get a sticky with links to all products thread relevant for that system. If you just wish to see which product threads has been updated since last, you can go to "What's New?" and look for the book-icon which marks all the product threads. The thing is, that with the addition of the other systems, OpenQuest, Legend, RuneQuest and Call of Cthulhu, a single products forum will get so many threads that you will need to browse more to find your thread, and one for each system would bloat the forum home. I hope the stickies and "what's new?" + product-icon will turn out to work reasonably. So for the moment I'd like to try it this way for some more time, unless many people express dissatisfaction with it.

Cheers,

Triff.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Each forum will get a sticky with links to all products thread relevant for that system. If you just wish to see which product threads has been updated since last, you can go to "What's New?" and look for the book-icon which marks all the product threads. I hope the stickies and "what's new?" + product-icon will turn out to work reasonably.

Ok, that sounds reasonable. So if I go to the page that has all of the links to the BRP products:

http://basicroleplaying.com/showthread.php/2492-Basic-Roleplaying-Supplements-amp-Links

The links we click on, just takes us to the thread for the product within the BRP forum. So things still work in the same way except now the product threads don't have a separate forum. The threads with new posts will still be at the top of the forum, well I can live with that.

Edited by wbcreighton

If you just wish to see which product threads has been updated since last, you can go to "What's New?" and look for the book-icon which marks all the product threads.
That didn't seem to work, as the thread-icon isn't shown when clicking the "What's New" button in the nav-bar.

You'll have to look in the forums, but all the product-threads have a "book" thread-icon to separate them from the other threads.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.