RQG Character Creation Skill Caps

Might just be missing it but i have gone through character creation in RQG a few times now and I cannot work out if the skill cap for character creation includes your modifier? 

I can see that when gaining experience you use your base and add the mod to the roll, and things like splitting attacks doesn't seem to include your modifier.

Can anyone confirm if you can get a skill to 100 in character creation not including the modifier? 

You can, but if, by the time you reach Step 7 (page 79) the total hits 100%+, you can't add any more to that ability. 

If adding a personal skill bonus puts a skill above 100%, the skill becomes 100% (see page 80, top). 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

A literal reading of the rules is that if you can get it over 100 including modifier before personal bonuses are added, then you get to keep the value over 100%. It can be done. It's egregious munchkinnery, though, and my opinions on that are well documented.

16 hours ago, TheRandyMan said:

Might just be missing it but i have gone through character creation in RQG a few times now and I cannot work out if the skill cap for character creation includes your modifier? 

Yes it does. P.80:

image.png.844cb8c9b11630667fa6eee2f6dee096.png

Edited by PhilHibbs