D100 Dark Ages

soltakss

I couldn't post this in the Age of Arthur sub-forum as it seems to have disappeared and I didn't want to resurrect old threads.

My Age of Arthur project has been put on hold while I look at other things. Many of you won't know that I had such a project, but I reckon it was 55% complete before I mothballed it.

Originally, I was going to do an "Age of Arthur BRP" supplement, but have decided to switch to a "Legend: Dark Age Britain" instead. This is for several reasons:

• I have been advised that most RPG companies wouldn't want to publish an Arthurian supplement, as it would clash, compete with and be crushed by Pendragon.
  • Legend seems a better fit, especially if I have to self-publish it (Lulu looks good for the books).
  • A smaller format book means that I can split the project into logical sections, so possibly Dark Ages: Britain, Peoples of the Isles, Age of Arthur
  • Splitting out Arthur would allow me to explore the "Historical" period in one book and the "Arthurian" period in another, which would solve a lot of problems.

However, it won't be this year, but they might start coming out next year, unless someone beats me to it.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Guest Vile Traveller

Legend seems a better fit, especially if I have to self-publish it (Lulu looks good for the books).

DTRPG print-on-demand is preferable in my opinion, although the specification for the cover page is a bit fiddly. You can do both, of course, because OneBookShelf don't have an exclusivity option for printed books the way they do for PDFs.

Out of interest, what kind of Arthurian setting will this be? The high fantasy type or a more 'historical' version?

Historical.

No knights in shining armour rescuing damsels in distress - I'll leave that for Merrie England.

Clashes between Celtic and Nordic mythology, Heroic battles, sectarian disputes, religious clashes, that kind of thing.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Guest Vile Traveller

Well, that sounds cool to me, having just finished Mr Cornwell's Arthurian legend and trying to get my hands on a set of Arthur of the Britons DVDs as we speak. Hope you pick it up again one of these days.