Distinctions between followers of various "Trade Gods" in play

2 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

Interesting thought: could a dwarf be ... an AA merchant? Dangerous yes but this is Glorantha right?

Given the extremity of the mutual Mostali / Uz hostility, I'd find this one of the few character-concepts I'd just disallow.

I'd certainly be open to talking about it with a player... on the understanding that I don't see any way to make it work.

They'd need two entirely-separate convincing arguments:  why would a dwarf want to initiate to a Trollish god... any Trollish god?  And why would any AA priest be willing to entertain a Dwarf trying to learn the secrets of Argan Argar initiation?

• Helpful 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

49 minutes ago, g33k said:

They'd need two entirely-separate convincing arguments:  why would a dwarf want to initiate to a Trollish god... any Trollish god?  And why would any AA priest be willing to entertain a Dwarf trying to learn the secrets of Argan Argar initiation?

Exactly.

What if the dwarf is like that guy Neep and gets a bunch of trollkin to guard him and his caravan... maybe some humans who are AA are with the dwarf as well? The dwarf pretends to be AA and makes himself look like a trollkin, maybe a fat one? What fun could be had.

He's a spy (like the Lunar merchants) and is plotting destruction of a troll complex. Maybe the beer kegs are actually black powder with a time delay fuze or something...

Actually if the humans were AA priests could they not without trolls knowing initiate a dwarf? I don't have the new cults material yet but does it say dwarves cannot be members? 

YGWV.