Hi!

My first thread as a newcomer. I am currently trying to create a complete Pendragon library. But I cannot wrap my head around the 5.1 line of core book and supplements distributed by Nocturnal. What my questions are boils down to: Are there any original print stocks of these products or is everything Print on Demand (POD)?

I have no problem with earlier editions, such as by ArtHaus, Green Knight (and obviously Chaosium). But when it comes to Nocturnal I strongly suspect that everything printed is POD. Is this correct? Or does it exist original printing batches of 5.1 core books and supplements?

And if there is only PODs, how can I distinguish from DriveThruRPG and PODs directly from Nocturnal?

One exemple of the identification number on the last pages of some of the supplements from Nocturnal (they all look similar) that I have purchased recently, reads:

CPSIA information can be obtained
at www.ICGtesting.com
Printed in the USA
LVOW03*0637301215
468316LV00011B/54/P

This ID I belive is an indication that it is a POD. They are only attached to Pendragon books from Nocturnal. They all seem to be printed a decade ago, or so, judging by the last two digits.

Anyone here who is able to identify this number? Is is from DriveThruRPG or not? Does it exist original non-POD printed Pendragon books from Nocturnal? If so, how are they identifiable?

Thanks in advance!

Tomas

Edited by Tomas Stacewicz
Typos

Nocturnal was a small press operation and the production of Pendragon, at the time, was really the baby of Greg Stafford and Stewart Weick - both now sadly deceased. 

Pendragon 5th Edition was released by White Wolf/Art Haus while Stewark Weick was still there but I think he essentially took it to Nocturnal when he left. The various reprints of 5.1 onwards were relatively minor updates but the 5.2 edition came out as part of Kickstarter campaign. So, the initial run would have been traditionally printed before continuing with POD, I assume. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My copy of Pendragon 5.2 is the actual printing and not POD.

It says published in 2016 and the bar code on the back has

ISBN 978-1-64013-000-5

UPC 9 781640 130005

My copy of Aquelarre is also the actual printing and the ISBN is almost the same: 978-1-64013-008-1

EDIT: Just checked my new editions of Prince Valiant and they too have matching ISBN's, but ending in 001-2 & 002-9

So my guess is to check the bar code on the book and if the ISBN starts with 978-1-64013 then it's the real deal?

Edited by Metalzoic
  • Like 1