Fantasy Grounds 2: Virtual Gaming Convention 2012

The community of Fantasy Grounds 2 users is putting on a virtual global gaming convention.

Details of the convention and how to sign up can be found here:

Convention details - Fantasy Grounds Message Boards

There is a google spreadsheet with a schedule of games and applicable times:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuS4bmZlL0uUdEhLRnQyUFp3cGtkU3g5Ti1jWHZMOGc#gid=0

The basic idea is for experienced GMs/users of Fantasy Grounds 2 Virtual Table Top to host one shot rpg adventures during the weekend of July 20-22, the same way that role playing games are played at such real world conventions like GenCon. The majority of GMs hosting games have an Ultimate license, meaning that no software purchase is required to play in the majority of sessions. We are hoping to show off the functionality of FG2 to new users, and have a fun weekend of gaming.

We currently have 17 game sessions scheduled over the weekend using rule sets including D&D, Pathfinder, Rolemaster, Runequest, Mutants & Masterminds, Savage Worlds, The One Ring, Castles & Crusades, and Dresden Files (Fate). This is a global convention so there are games scheduled around the clock.

If there are any BRP/D100 GMs out there that are interested in running a session, please help show off the d100 rules. (Hoping Rosen might be able to run a session )

Come to a convention without leaving the comfort of your own home !

I use  fantasygrounds.com

My own personal preference ( being on the west coast of N.America) is for around 18:00 GMT on Saturday or Sunday. If you are GMT+2 that would put it in your evening ? You could always post more than one slot on the calendar and run whatever fills up.

I would prefer a scifi. It would be nice to have a change from the fantasy game I GM on a weekly basis. I'm reserving the weekend for virtual gaming, so this time slot would be a good way to start off the morning. :)

Edited by wbcreighton

My own personal preference ( being on the west coast of N.America) is for around 18:00 GMT on Saturday or Sunday. If you are GMT+2 that would put it in your evening ? You could always post more than one slot on the calendar and run whatever fills up.

I would prefer a scifi. It would be nice to have a change from the fantasy game I GM on a weekly basis. I'm reserving the weekend for virtual gaming, so this time slot would be a good way to start off the morning. :)

I am also in California and would prefer a convenient west coast time. Saturday after 5pm is good and all day Sunday.

Well we have a BRP Fantasy game up and ready for Sunday with enough players signed up. For some reason we don't have enough players for a Post Apoc session on Saturday yet. Keep in mind the GM is flexible in scheduling. You can always just sign up and suggest a different time or day even. I did :7

In case you didn't know, the GM is also the esteemed author of various Alephtar BRP publications. ;t)

Edited by wbcreighton

Silent_bob : Rosen has you down for an alternate spot in the game, given the number of players. From what I have witnessed in online gaming, at least 95% of the time, someone will not show up for a one shot game.

Do you have a license for Fantasy Grounds ? Just asking in case I might be able to run a short BRP demo later in the evening, but I have a full license, so you would need a Lite license or better to join one of my games.

Thanks to all participants. Unfortunately my well-known crappy connection prevented playing BRP, but the rest of the crew moved to Pathfinder with Trenloe ;) so they had fun, in the end, and this is all that is important.

If anyone is interested, we may organize other demos, but not before September as I am moving to vacation location where I have a bad connection that prevents online play.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

It was too bad. I guess we learned that the Italian internet doesn't work so good. ;D

With 7 players signed up and ready to go, it shows there is interest in BRP on FG2. We'll catch up with you again next time, and thanks for putting in the effort to get it up and running. Nice to put a voice to your forum name. :)