Problems downloading

Nekron99

Greetings,

Is anyone else having trouble downloading?

Every time I try it ells me to slow down and "Wait x amount of seconds", I wait, although I never did get to download in the first place, and then it just repeats the "Wait X seconds" message with different times each time.

All I want is some of the cool downloads, but I can't get them.

Any advice?:-/

I have a similar problem, in my case it is caused by having satellite internet rather than DSL. Essentially the satellite signal is intermittent and the file software thjinks you're logging on 100s of time a second and want's you to slow down and stay connected . . . which is not possible witgh a satellite internet link. DSL isn't available in my area so the only way I can downlaod from BRP central is if I take a laptop & go to someplace that lets me hook up via DSL or use WiFi that links thru DSL, my home computer is just out-of-luck.

Not sure if that's you're problem, but if you have satellite internet it probably is. Unfortunately the only solution I've found is log on and download from a better location.

I get the same trouble with alot of internet downloads like from DriveThruRPG and Paizo, but apparently Amazon's file download software isn't phazed the intermittent nature of satellite internet, so it varies.

I also have Satellite Internet, so that must be it. Makes sense now that you say it.

Appreciate the info Worrapol.

ThreeDeeSix,

Thank you very much.

I just discovered BRP and was interested in the GM Screens, I wanted to check them out to see which one would work best for me but this one would be a good start I guess.

http://basicroleplaying.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=417&act=down&actionhash=1363488943-84f9c54b46410de4d0d714b06926e0f2e35fa856

bpfd2Chief@gmail.com

Again, thanks.

PS: If there are any files that you think would be best for a new BRP reader then please advise or send at will. :-)

Edited by Nekron99

I also have Satellite Internet, so that must be it. Makes sense now that you say it.

Appreciate the info Worrapol.

ThreeDeeSix,

Thank you very much.

I just discovered BRP and was interested in the GM Screens, I wanted to check them out to see which one would work best for me but this one would be a good start I guess.

http://basicroleplaying.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=417&act=down&actionhash=1363488943-84f9c54b46410de4d0d714b06926e0f2e35fa856

bpfd2Chief@gmail.com

Again, thanks.

PS: If there are any files that you think would be best for a new BRP reader then please advise or send at will. :-)

Odd, I cannot click on the link without getting...

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Someone else want to click the link and see if its good? Might be on my end or a bad link.

Edit: Nevermind, I just downloaded all the GM screens, not that many. E-mailing them now.

Rod

Edited by threedeesix

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"