Skills

rogerd

Okay not sure if this is the best forum for this....but figured it is the best place where I'll get ripped to pieces constructive feedback. I was contemplating a quick and easy skill generation method.

Combat: Most are Int + Dex, or Int + Str, depending on what it focuses on.

Communication: These are covered as Cha x 2

Manipulation: These are Dex x 2.

Mental: Science and Knowledge skills are Int x 2, although a few unique ones are Int x 1.

Mystical: These are a function of Int + Pow

Perception: These are covered as Int + Pow

Physical: These are covered as Str + Con

Now you'd need to list skills that are exceptions to the rule, but what are your thoughts on this?

Edited by rogerd

Check out Magic World, the Skill Categories are calculated simply, and the skill allocation is pretty quick, probably the quickest I have seen for a BRP game. I'ld suggest Magic World is a good purchase for a quick char gen for BRP. RQ6 is pretty good for this as well, and the base chances for skills are calculated in a similar fashion to what you have suggested. But Magic World character generation is about as quick as it gets, I think you should look at that

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"