Cobb's Corner Gazette Article

STUDENT DEATH HORROR – One student dead, two missing

In a terrible tragedy that has shocked Cobb’s Corners, the body of Boyd Patterson, a student from Miskatonic University in Arkham, Massachusetts, was found dead in the mountains on Wednesday, 21st August. The fate of two fellow students, Daphne Devine and Jeffrey John, remains unknown.

The students, visiting Cobb’s Corners on a second field trip this summer, were last seen the previous weekend. Boyd’s body was discovered by Mr. Bret Kramer, a resident of Waltham, Massachusetts, who was on a walking holiday with his wife. “I was rightly shocked to the see the young man lying at the base of the hills, all twisted up like that.” Mrs Kramer was unavailable for comment.

During the few days they were in town, both Boyd Patterson and Jeffrey John were seen in the company of Daphne Devine. Mrs. Ann Haggerty, whose husband is the proprietor of Jim’s Grill, said that all three were in high spirits when they ate at the diner. Could these high spirits have led to the disaster? Could there have been a falling out between the three?

Sheriff Dan Spenser refused all attempts at an interview by this paper, but sources suggest that he believes the cause of death to be foolish tomfoolery upon the part of the students. The Sheriff is known to have a low tolerance of city folks and their intemperate natures. He has launched search parties to look for the missing students, Daphne Devine and Jeffrey John, but so far without success.

The Cobb’s Corners Gazette has approached Mr. and Mrs. Hiram Patterson but both declined to make a statement. This paper wishes to extend its deepest sympathies to the Patterson family and its sincerest hopes to the Devine and John families respectively that their daughter and son will be found safe and sound.

========================================================================

Since the Cobb's Corners Gazette would have reported on the death of Boyd Patterson, I decided that an actual copy of the article was needed. I have included a PDF of the actual handout (I could not create anything better in the time I had) as well as the text that people can copy and adapt.

newspaper.pdf

• Like 9
17 hours ago, sverbridge said:

Very cool and thanks for making it, I plan on using it but you have John Jeffrey's name backwards. Easy fix....or just leave it because the reporter is a bit sketchy....

I could say that the getting Jeffrey John's wrong name was intentional, but that would not be true. Put it down as Welland's fervor to get a fantastic story out.

Edited by pookie
On 06/05/2016 at 4:01 PM, joggiwagga said:

OMG the other articles.  "International Moose Counting" and "Granny Wins World Wrestling Championship."

I'm dying here.

Unfortunately they come as standard with the article text that you enter. I plan to cut those parts out.

15 hours ago, Morgan Blackhand said:

Nice work, both of you! By the way, pookie, given the date of the Gazette I guess you are playing the campaign in modern era, right?

No, rather that the on-line newspaper generator that I used did not have the capacity to alter the date. Whilst another I could have used did have that capacity, it did not have room enough to post the whole article.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2016 at 6:48 PM, pookie said:

No, rather that the on-line newspaper generator that I used did not have the capacity to alter the date. Whilst another I could have used did have that capacity, it did not have room enough to post the whole article.

Do you have a link for the online newspaper generator, looks interesting (esp its choice of supplementary news articles - moose counting, granny wrestling etc)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...