Crimson Letters - Spoilers - Keepers Only

Jwfortune

So has anyone run this?  I would like to hear about someone's experience with this scenario and maybe learn some tips.  I have never run a scenario that is setup quite like this one.  I think I could do it, but I am worried that I would not be able to make it exciting enough on the fly.  This scenario is actually a good exercise in Keepering I believe - I am fascinating but would like to hear some advice and experiences if anyone has anything.

I think I am most worried about the story making sense.  There may be some flaws in logic if I just play it on the fly.  Has anyone else found this to be a problem?

Edited by Jwfortune

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am planning on running this as well, I think it has the potential to be really good. The problem I see (other than being familiar with the info!) is having the info for the NPCs in the scenario at the ready without having to flip pages back and forth. I am doing two things to help with this.

First, I have the mobi file for the Keeper Rulebook on my iPad, it's linked like nobody's business and can be bookmarked as well. If you have a tablet, use it if there's an appropriate file available. I use this to basically run through the scenario. The second thing I do is put the info I want to reference into OneNote. For this scenario I copied the important NPCs, just their stats. I also put all the locations listed in the scenario as well. If you aren't familiar with OneNote online I suggest you take some time to give it a look. It's basically a virtual file cabinet. Each entry can have it's own page, you can flip back and forth between them as needed with just a click of the mouse.

I plan to use the mobi file to pull up the RP info on the NPCs while having the combat stats for the NPCs up on my laptop using OneNote online. This gives me everything I need for a particular NPC available at once without having to flip back and forth. I've used this for the first couple of scenarios, it's worked really well so far. I think it will even get better over time.

I don't plan to run Crimson Letters for a bit yet, once I do I'll let you know how it goes.