Cthulhu Through the Ages

girtablilu

Does anyone know if the original source-books are needed(such as Cthulhu by Gaslight or Cthulhu Invictus). In other words, is this just a book of conversions from 6th to 7th edition for these settings?

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned." Anonymous

Cthulhu Through the Ages isn't much of a product really. It tends to just list new skills for each setting and how they are used (e.g. combat with swords or bows) and professions for those settings. 

There is a small amount of background given for the settings (about 2 sides each on average). 

You would be better off buying the proper source book for the setting you are interested in. 

I really think Chaosium should offer Cthulhu Through the Ages as a free PDF rather than having to pay for it. 

• Like 1

Thanks.  I appreciate the information.  I was just hoping that I would not have to buy something for 6e and have to worry about all the conversions. 

Unfortunately it does not look like there is a lot of incentive to update a number of the 6e source-books. 

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned." Anonymous

I think they will be updated eventually, just not anytime soon. If you want to start playing now your best bet is to buy the source book and do the conversions (which are really easy anyway). 

I think Dark Ages and Mythic Iceland are scheduled to be the first for 2nd Edition updates.