Creature Design Guide?

With the Cult of Chaos library open, I've been kicking around some ideas for some game modules.  The biggest issue is, some of the things I have in mind don't already have creature stats, etc.  In addition, I started a blog where I'm converting monsters from movies, books, and folklore into RPG monsters, and I'd like to include CoC options as well.

So my question is, does anyone know of a good guide for creature design for Call of Cthulhu?  My Internet Use score must be pretty low, or there's nothing really out there, and I didn't see anything in the Keeper's Guide for monster creation.  Perhaps an older book?  Or one online somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any advice!  
~Jeremy

20 hours ago, shark_bone said:

Honestly, i think the best thing is to look at it and wing it. Run it a couple of times, tweaking it as needed. Any baddie creation guide couldn't catch everything.

Yah, that's what the CoC group on FB also recommended...nothing really out there for a creation guide.  So wing it I shall! :)  Thanks for taking the time to reply.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2016 at 5:21 PM, Mike M said:

Would you chaps like a random table of creature limbs/parts?

It may be something I could produce as part of an upcoming project if there is a desire for it...?

That would be great, thanks. Any clues what this "upcoming project" may be? (I did roll an Extreme on my Spot Hidden just now) :)

• Like 1