Bundle of Holding - Trail of C'thulhu

joggiwagga

7 hours ago, joggiwagga said:

There are a bunch of Trail of C'thulhu offerings over at Bundle of Holding right now - listed as play aids for CoC.

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Tentacles4

BTW, although there *are* two Trail of Cthulhu bundles running at the moment, the "Bundle of Tentacles +4" (which is linked here) is mostly made up of supplements for Call of Cthulhu (plus some generic Lovecraftian bits like Cthulhu Reborn's newspaper prop templates and the Cthulhu Mythos Encyclopedia).

I can easily see how folks can get these confused, though -- having three Cthulhu-related Bundles running concurrently is going to do that :)

Dean

18 minutes ago, Belgath said:

Are these d100 based?

Yes.

All the books in the "Bundle of Tentacles +4"  (with the exception of the generic references I mentioned before) are designed for the D100 BRP-compatible game (i.e., "Call of Cthulhu" rather than "Trail"). For the most part they are scenarios designed for CoC 6e, but easily converted to the latest edition with some basic mathematical modification ...

Dean

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joggiwagga said:

I think there are actually three bundles total, with two different pledge levels on each.  Just to make things confusing.

But still, a whole lot of supplements at a pretty good price.

Yeah, that's correct (2 Trail of Cthulhu bundles and 1 Call of Cthulhu bundle).

The Bundles sort of go crazy around Halloween with multiple horror-themed packs coming up at the same time. It's definitely a good time to pick up some cheap PDFs.

Dean (from Adelaide)

I don't know which one I got but I was quite pleased. It had a Dreamlands scenario (which I like to collect) and an interesting campaign by Kevin Ross, who also wrote The Dreaming Stone which I cannibalised extensively for a fantasy campaign. As well as a scenario by Oscar Rios who I think did Ripples From Carcosa. And a Cthulhu encyclopedia thing which I haven't really looked at.

3 hours ago, Questbird said:

I don't know which one I got but I was quite pleased. It had a Dreamlands scenario (which I like to collect) and an interesting campaign by Kevin Ross, who also wrote The Dreaming Stone which I cannibalised extensively for a fantasy campaign. As well as a scenario by Oscar Rios who I think did Ripples From Carcosa. And a Cthulhu encyclopedia thing which I haven't really looked at.

Yeah, that's the "Bundle of Tentacles +4" ...

[ BTW: if you collect Dreamlands scenarios, there are two freebie PDFs over on Cthulhu Reborn that would be right up your alley (Penelope Love's "Porphyry & Asphodel" and Geoff Gillan's "Machine King"). You can either get them as free products on RPGNow or download them from the CR Download page.]

Dean (from Adelaide)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dce said:

Yeah, that's the "Bundle of Tentacles +4" ...

[ BTW: if you collect Dreamlands scenarios, there are two freebie PDFs over on Cthulhu Reborn that would be right up your alley (Penelope Love's "Porphyry & Asphodel" and Geoff Gillan's "Machine King"). You can either get them as free products on RPGNow or download them from the CR Download page.]

Dean (from Adelaide)

Thanks! I didn't know about Cthulhu Reborn. I've downloaded those two; they look good.