Some Loskalmi notes

Tcneseis

I found this on a scrap of paper on top of a pile of paper on a shelf. I do not remember how I got this. It is my handwriting though.

If King Gundreken wanted to keep control of all sea traffic in his kingdom he should set up an embargo on Sog City. He does not want to carry on with his people's fear of the seas, but the ships of the knights who patrol in Ozur's Bay stop all foreign traffic in order to search the cargoes and the ships from prow to stern and make sure no corrupt goods are brought into his kingdom. He conscientiously filters all communications with the outside world, the Janubian cities, and the surrounding kingdoms ruled by ambitious kings.

The Lunar Empire is regarded as a possible ally by many but others think that in any case, their landbound territories are doomed to be crushed by the lords of the coast if they do not keep their governments under a steady grip. Even in Loskalm, it is difficult to enter an aristocracy. But a Lunar way allows for a communion which does not require powerful armies or large resources of bronze, let alone iron, which trickle out of Jonatela. However there are problems.

The kingdom is plagued by Chaos worshippers who corrupt the food of royal officials. The country is infested by Pocharngo cultists (from Dilis swamp maybe?). An official who was complaining was answered by the old woman who set the table for him that the Invisible God was powerless against the brutes and only Chaos could help. It was a Lunar in Loskalm! No sooner had he told her his intent to go to a Magus for a cure, she foretold him that if he gave her evil cult away he would be assaulted and branded for life so that the pagans would recognize him. Then she added he was a sinner and he was the secret Seseine worshipper. Naturally the official replied it was not true, he did not know of any Seseine whose sins Malkion had punished in the writings. But she got hooked to her own little game and then accused him of devouring books like a worm, comparing him to a creature of legend though we know all too well how pagans weave deceitful myths. She got into a temper and told him: "tell your Magus how I threatened you! You will be locked up in a madhouse, and I will stay free as a good Loskalmi and conqueror of the Lunars." He was dumbfounded by her duplicity when she told him of her plan to put and end to Siglat's Dream. It was her victory, her turn to be scornful. He had never tapped a peasant in his life, not even called them bumpkins, now she was addressing him as she was noble and himself a commoner. 

Edited by Tcneseleis
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, scott-martin said:

This is an extraordinary line revealing deep logic around the Tap. Thank you.

Yes it's not legal in Loskalm.

I edited out a couple of things.

Edited by Tcneseleis
changes made in the text above