Tank Armor

Atgxtg

Say, is there a sample armor rating in the rules anywhere for a tank?

I can't find any, and currently am reverse engineering things from the cannon table. For example, if a tank was "proof" against a 20mm round then it should have at least 2 points of armor, one that was "proof" against a 30mm round should have at least 3 points of armor, and so on.

But is there something in the rules someplace that I missed?

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Hmmm, no, it seems we have not included any. The quickest way to calculate armour four a vehicle is to take them from BRP Mecha, the rules are the same. Or from the BGB and divide by ten.

The part about vehicular combat is necessarily sketchy, we could not include a very detailed system in a generic rulebook. The goal of that section is to give you a way of staging one or two vehicular battles per campaign, in which case fudging a bit the armour values is not a big issue. A campaign entirely based on the assumption that the heroes are pilots would require a dedicated ruleset with more advanced rules and options. Which will come with Mecha D100 next year.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

1 hour ago, RosenMcStern said:

Hmmm, no, it seems we have not included any. The quickest way to calculate armour four a vehicle is to take them from BRP Mecha, the rules are the same. Or from the BGB and divide by ten.

So that's 2 points of armor (Modern Tank 24 armor= 2.4, Vintage Tank 18 armor =1.8)

What about hit points? According to RD100 a tank would  have about  3HP in the Hull and 2 elsewhere. But BGB/10 would give a modern tank 14 hp, and a Vintage tank 9. So it looks like about to BRB/30 for Hull

The part about vehicular combat is necessarily sketchy, we could not include a very detailed system in a generic rulebook. The goal of that section is to give you a way of staging one or two vehicular battles per campaign, in which case fudging a bit the armour values is not a big issue. A campaign entirely based on the assumption that the heroes are pilots would require a dedicated ruleset with more advanced rules and options. Which will come with Mecha D100 next year.

So if I had a simple table for tanks and other vehicles that gave values for armor (by equivalent thickness of steel)and hit points (by tonnage) you wouldn't be interested?

Not using the of SIZ table actually bypasses most of the problems I had for vehicle in BRP. I've got several tables worth of tank, APC, ships, airships, subs and so forth that could be put into RD100 format pretty painlessly. 

Edited by Atgxtg

53 minutes ago, Atgxtg said:

Not using the of SIZ table actually bypasses most of the problems I had for vehicle in BRP. I've got several tables worth of tank, APC, ships, airships, subs and so forth that could be put into RD100 format pretty painlessly. 

And we happen to be considering a RD100 companion to contain all the useful-but-too-crunchy details that we could not really fit into the core book. What a fortunate coincidence  :)

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Could be. Of course considering the Mecha-biased scale a lot of tanks will get lumped together, stat-wise. The differences between a M4 Sherman and Mitsubishi Type 61 don't mean all that much once stepped on by Godzilla.