QuickStart combat questions

Flsocialworker

I've played CoC, but never played RQ. I'm running the Broken Tower new adventure next week.

I'm confused by strike rank....So is it Dex + Siz + SR of the weapon= When they act in combat? Dex 2, Siz 1, SR 6= 9

Older RQ looks like characters can act more than once per round. The quick start rules look like only 1 action per round. 

I listen to podcasts about RQ and they talk about action points, but I do not see them on the Pregen characters.

Recently posted by MOB:
You're in the fortunate position of having a copy already, but the Quickstart Rules have not been publicly released yet, nor will they be until Free RPG Day (June 17). We can have a public discussion about the contents of the book then, when more people can meaningfully participate.

In the mean time, please take any discussion of the Quickstart over to the password-protected Cult of Chaos thread. This was set up to assist the GMs running the Quickstart on Free RPG Day. They are receiving their PDF copy beforehand, by agreement with the Free RPG Day organizers, but have been asked not to publicly share it or any spoilers in keeping with the spirit of Free RPG Day.

19 hours ago, jongjom said:

Recently posted by MOB:
You're in the fortunate position of having a copy already, but the Quickstart Rules have not been publicly released yet, nor will they be until Free RPG Day (June 17). We can have a public discussion about the contents of the book then, when more people can meaningfully participate.

In the mean time, please take any discussion of the Quickstart over to the password-protected Cult of Chaos thread. This was set up to assist the GMs running the Quickstart on Free RPG Day. They are receiving their PDF copy beforehand, by agreement with the Free RPG Day organizers, but have been asked not to publicly share it or any spoilers in keeping with the spirit of Free RPG Day.

Yes, please take this discussion to that forum for now,

Thanks

• MOB locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's what we're going to do going forward:

Cult of Chaos Forum (password protected) - Discussion, questions, post mortems about "The Broken Tower" scenario in the RuneQuest Quickstart

RuneQuest Forum - Discussion about the RQG rules themselves, and the rules as presented in the RuneQuest Quickstart. No discussion or spoilers about "The Broken Tower" please.