Bullet Time (on the rpg.net thread)

RosenMcStern

I have come across this thread on RPG.net, which apparently has gone on for one week without my participation. Which I like, as we seem to have gathered enough supporters to explain things in my absence.

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?808049-Sell-Me-On-Off-Revolution-d100

I have decided to not chime in, so that the thread remains a "sell me" and does not become an official advertisement. However, there is one point I really wanted to comment, and it is Ben's post #10, where he talks about slowing things down to bullet time.

Although I think the Bullet Time parallel is definitely appropriate and Ben hit the spot with this idea, I have to clarify that Advanced combat is NOT slow. Crunchy and detailed, yes, but not slow, at least when you are fighting mooks. It is not uncommon for a Player character in the 90% skill range (which means a beginning character who specializes in melee combat) to butcher one or two opponents with a 50% skill per round, sometimes even more if you have used power on your weapons.

Edited by RosenMcStern

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Maybe instead of "slow down" I should have said something like "zoom in". What I was getting at is that while Basic Combat is loose and a little abstract, Advanced Combat goes into more detail, it shows every blow, hit, and wound with a lot more specifics.

That's why I've been using AC for fights with important NPCs, and Basic for fights with hordesĀ of mooks.

EG: blazing through a dozen storm troopers, vs a one-one-one duel with Darth Vader.

• Like 1

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.