A couple of quick questions

LivingTriskele

Does wearing armor impact spell-casting ability? I haven't found any mention that it does.

And it doesn't look like flails are particularly hard to parry or block (which I think is the intention of the weapon). Am I missing some details regarding use of arms and armor?

Thanks.

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking."

~Albert Einstein~

Does wearing armor impact spell-casting ability? I haven't found any mention that it does.

Nope, but GMs are encouraged to come up with a restriction if it suits the campaign setting.

And it doesn't look like flails are particularly hard to parry or block (which I think is the intention of the weapon). Am I missing some details regarding use of arms and armor?

The combat system isn't that granular.

One of the options I'd considered during the writing of the book was to make each individual weapon have a +/- to the basic weapon skill, rather than a base chance of their own that gets replaced by the user skill. That would have allowed more cases where a weapon is better able to do one action than another, or situational modifiers like that.

In the end I decided against that (popular) innovation as it wasn't within the goal of the manuscript.