Dice roller recommendation?

rsanford

Hi all,

We play online using Mumble for voice. Up till now we have used RPOL for a dice roller but I am looking for something easier and more intuitive. The only requirements are the ability to roll standard dice and the ability to see each other’s rolls. Any suggestions?

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

My group has been using the dice roller from roll20.  You do have to enter all the stats for skills and characteristics to the online character sheets.  Then you just need to press a button next to the skill or characteristic.  It has a button for regular rolls and ones with penalty or bonus dice.  It will also determine the level of success for you so you do not need to calculate it.

17 hours ago, Renn707 said:

My group has been using the dice roller from roll20.  You do have to enter all the stats for skills and characteristics to the online character sheets.  Then you just need to press a button next to the skill or characteristic.  It has a button for regular rolls and ones with penalty or bonus dice.  It will also determine the level of success for you so you do not need to calculate it.

That sounds a little limiting... How hard is it to create a character sheet?

7 hours ago, Scott Dorward said:

I use Rolz for my online gaming these days. It's just a dice roller, with some chat functionality, which means it doesn't do a lot of things I have no need of. Roll20 is neat, but it's complete overkill for my requirements.

Thanks Scott!  I like this a lot. Minimum work and very intuitive. We will move forward with this.