HQ at Archon 42

JonL

If anyone is attending Archon 42 this weekend, I will be running "The Missing" from The Eleven Lights Friday afternoon at 4, and a special children's session (ages 7-14)on Sunday afternoon at 12:30 titled, "Imagine Adventure." 

The latter will include having the kids design their game-world collaboratively through Q&A prompts, art supplies for drawing their characters, and a d20 to take home as a souvenir.

Given the auspicious anniversary for Archon, your humble GM will be wearing a bathrobe, and carrying a towel.

http://archonstl.org/index.html

• Like 1

I was prepping for Friday afternoon's session when I heard that Greg had passed on. As it turned out, I got two players who had never heard of Glorantha before. One of them had previously only played D&D and another had never played a tabletop RPG until that day. I can't think of a better way to mark the old man's passing than by initiating these lads into the mysteries of the tribe. One even hero-formed Ernalda while giving Wandle a piece of her mind.

The youth session ended up with NINE players (two boys and five girls, including my two daughters), because I'm a big softy who couldn't turn away any kid who wanted in. For three hours, they exceeded my expectations when it came to world building, taking turns talking, listening to me narrate, enthusiastically finding ways to help each other with augments, and finding clever solutions to puzzles in the wizards tower at the end of the adventure. We took a couple wiggle/bathroom/snack breaks when the younger ones started to get antsy, but after they got to move around, they were back in earnest. I got a personal thanks from the gaming coordinator, and one of the watching parents described the kids as "absolutely enthralled."

Edited by JonL
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, JonL said:

I was prepping for Friday afternoon's session when I heard that Greg had passed on. As it turned out, I got two players who had never heard of Glorantha before. One of them had previously only played D&D and another had never played a tabletop RPG until that day. I can't think of a better way to mark the old man's passing than by initiating these lads into the mysteries of the tribe. One even hero-formed Ernalda while giving Wandle a piece of her mind.

The youth session ended up with NINE players (two boys and five girls, including my two daughters), because I'm a big softy who couldn't turn away any kid who wanted in. For three hours, they exceeded my expectations when it came to world building, taking turns talking, listening to me narrate, enthusiastically finding ways to help each other with augments, and finding clever solutions to puzzles in the wizards tower at the end of the adventure. We took a couple wiggle/bathroom/snack breaks when the younger ones started to get antsy, but after they got to move around, they were back in earnest. I got a personal thanks from the gaming coordinator, and one of the watching parents described the kids as "absolutely enthralled."

Great job Jon