Bits and Mortar Questions

Skovari

So I want to support my local gaming store.  They are a bits and mortar shop.  But I also want to get my hands on the PDF version as you release those well before print.

So is there a way to get the PDF when released somehow and then buy the printed version at my local store and get the discount?  I want to foster sales of the new Runequest line locally and get more people excited.

• Like 1

I thought the answer could be this. 

So if I want to see the content as it is released I have to either buy it all from you or purchase the PDF from you and then the printed version from the FLGS and spend more on it.  Was hoping someone had solved the problem of handling this with the various retailers and companies involved.  I'll just have to make my decision based on need of the product and whether I can wait for the printed version at the FLGS.  My guess is "core" material I'd want sooner, but adventure packs and items I won't use immediately I can wait on.

22 hours ago, Skovari said:

I thought the answer could be this. 

So if I want to see the content as it is released I have to either buy it all from you or purchase the PDF from you and then the printed version from the FLGS and spend more on it.  Was hoping someone had solved the problem of handling this with the various retailers and companies involved.  I'll just have to make my decision based on need of the product and whether I can wait for the printed version at the FLGS.  My guess is "core" material I'd want sooner, but adventure packs and items I won't use immediately I can wait on.

We've looked at this problem, but there is no easy solution. Most retailers are different, and have different approaches to even stocking our books, let alone when they stock them. If the store participates in Bits and Mortar they can provide you with the PDF for free when you purchase the printed product. We implemented that about 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.