D&D Style BRP Rules Character Tests

Solinor

If anyone has a D&D character that they could post and I will convert the character? My intent is to show that the character will remain in tack.

In addition to stats please give a description of the character as well.

Of course his or her fool hardy days are tempered by the new laws of physics they must abide by. :)

I would like to see a BRP-izing of D&D creatures instead, like:

Aboleths, beholders, bulettes, blink dogs, hellhounds, displacer beasts, githyanki, etc over characters. While you cannot use these names for your creations on many of these, a beholder can be an eye beast, a displacer beast a phase panther, githyanki as astral raiders, etc.

But, when at the last the arm of Skarl shall cease to beat his drum, silence shall startle Pegana like thunder in a cave, and MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI shall cease to rest......Lord Dunsany

Responsible for: https://ancientvaults.wordpress.com/

Beholders in our game are called Tyrants. They come in many different flavors... mostly elemental in nature.

I have an idea for a handy conversion process that I will post this evening. Ideally, it will help generate/convert anything that DnD thows out. It will be based on 3.5, as I have no 4E resources.

I'll revise and expand my HERO Critter rules, moving them over to BRP. I've written two creature articles, one examining fantasy ecology and the other to customize mounts (titanis-like birds, riding lizards and horses). Both of these will get posted this evening after I get home.

Indianapolis is kinda snow-bound, so the trip might be a bit slow, but these are two articles I really need to convert anyway.

I would like to see a BRP-izing of D&D creatures instead, like:

Aboleths, ...blink dogs, ...

Solinthor's download already has these two, at least.

I have an idea for a handy conversion process that I will post this evening.

I've written two creature articles, one examining fantasy ecology and the other to customize mounts (titanis-like birds, riding lizards and horses). Both of these will get posted this evening after I get home.

What, no conversion for AD&D? Shame...

But Titan-birds - great! I'll just pop out to work for a bit while I'm waiting... :)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Beholders in our game are called Tyrants. They come in many different flavors... mostly elemental in nature.

If you don't mind I would like to call them Tyrants in my upcoming Sword & Spell. I have been stumped for a name and this is the only one that doesn't sound silly.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Sure!

I've done a large number of sketches, note-taking and other such nonsense. Perhaps after converting and posting them, I'll get to work on the rest of the Caleon Bestiary. It's probably 50+ critters long, mostly using "realistic" critters (I use strict Evolution + Magical Accidents type thinking, with Wizardly Experimentation mixed in).

They might prove more useful to the community than my actual setting.

Aaah, but isn't this:

If anyone has a D&D character that they could post and I will convert the character? My intent is to show that the character will remain in tack.

in direct conflict with this?

Of course his or her fool hardy days are tempered by the new laws of physics they must abide by. :)

How can the character and all of its skills and abilities remain intact if

the system's new laws of physics overrule things?

-V

Aaah, but isn't this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solinor

in direct conflict with this?

Quote:

Of course his or her fool hardy days are tempered by the new laws of physics they must abide by.

How can the character and all of its skills and abilities remain intact if

the system's new laws of physics overrule things?

-V

You Vagabond! :)

If you take a 3.5 character and convert it there doesn’t need to be any loss of feats or spells that the player is familiar with.

If you were to take that same character and move them over to straight BRP you will more than likely lose a lot of your abilities because there is no equivalent in BRP.

In some cases making the character not even seem the same.

Dextrous fighters and high level casters being the greatest victims.

Have you ever done conversions like this Vagabond?

How can the character and all of its skills and abilities remain intact if the system's new laws of physics overrule things?

After a comment like that, vagabond, I'd say you're honour-bound to provide one of your own characters to find out... ;)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

You Vagabond! :)

If you take a 3.5 character and convert it there doesn’t need to be any loss of feats or spells that the player is familiar with.

If you were to take that same character and move them over to straight BRP you will more than likely lose a lot of your abilities because there is no equivalent in BRP.

In some cases making the character not even seem the same.

Dextrous fighters and high level casters being the greatest victims.

Have you ever done conversions like this Vagabond?

Yes, I have. I had, at one time, copious notes converting most of

Athas/Dark Sun over to BRP, as well as converting Stormbringer over

to an OGL/D&D3E setup. And, I have my ongoing Skyrealms of Jorune

conversion in the works. I agree, dextrous fighters and high level spell

slingers are the most worrisome. I am a little curious about what you

mean by D&D spells from your other thread.

After a comment like that, vagabond, I'd say you're honour-bound to provide one of your own characters to find out... ;)

I will try to dig up my long lived half-drow 8th level pure thief to see what

Solinor can do. He's a 2+E AD&D character, but I could probably whip up a

3E version if desired.

-V

Solinthor's download already has these two, at least.

You see what I did there? Stirring the pot to root out a bit of information. :)

I found hell hounds in Val-du-Loup.

But, when at the last the arm of Skarl shall cease to beat his drum, silence shall startle Pegana like thunder in a cave, and MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI shall cease to rest......Lord Dunsany

Responsible for: https://ancientvaults.wordpress.com/

I am a little curious about what you

Can you elaborate?

3E version if desired.

2e is fine. But its up to you. I will manage with either way.

Even though much of what I did was based on 3e SRD you will see things I sneak in there that are from earlier editions. The "exceptional strength " Additional for example, the term thief instead of rogue, great swords do 1d10 to list a few.

I am a little curious about what you

Can you elaborate?

3E version if desired.

2e is fine. But its up to you. I will manage with either way.

Even though much of what I did was based on 3e SRD you will see things I sneak in there that are from earlier editions. The "exceptional strength " Additional for example, the term thief instead of rogue, great swords do 1d10 damage. Just to list a few.

I hope to see your character.

I would be vastly interested in seeing these notes. I love Dark Sun, and I could see where it may port to BRP quite well. I'd be very curious to see what you came up with!

I lifted extensively from Gerall Khalla's website (the old chromebob site)

and Neville White's excellent work for RQ Athas. I'll have to dig around

some, I made some changes since I was using Stormbringer rules instead,

and originally used Elan when dealing with Defilers and their relationship with

the Dragon Kings. I may have started to play with Allegiance when Elric!

came out. I modelled Psionics after SB4 demon powers, using POW (eventually

converted to Magic Points).

Of course, I have no idea where any of this stuff is ...

-V