Missile Fire into Melee

silent_bob

This may or may not help, Kevin(?), as I'm unfamiliar with RQ6s rules regarding this, but my own house rule is excepted by MY picky players and goes as follows:

Subtract 1 point per SIZ of every individual in melee, who's not the target, from the attacker skill%

Starting from smallest to largest, subtract each combatants SIZ from 100, keeping track of their range.

(Ie: a halfling with SIZ 6 would have a threat range of 94-100, then the dwarf SIZ 10 would have a range of 83-93.)

If the attacker rolls his skill % and comes up with 85 ,he would hit the Dwarf instead of the target.

If the attackers skill % is say 150%, you could rule that subtracting 16 (total SIZ) would not give an opportunity to hit another person in melee unless the attacker fumbles.

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

It's a penalty to the attack roll and if the attack fails, but would have succeeded if there wasn't a penalty to the roll, then it hits an adjacent target.

When firing at a specific target at the edge of a crowd or melee, the attack suffers a difficulty grade of at least Hard. If trying to fire through a group to hit a target in its midst, or on the other side, the penalty should be raised to Formidable. . . If however the marksman fails the roll, but would have succeeded if not for the firing into a crowd penalty, then an adjacent victim is struck instead. If more than one target is in the line of fire, the Games Master should determine the victim randomly.