• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silent_bob

silent_bob

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

Guys,

How is missile fire into a melee handled in RQ6?

This is a huge debate in my CF/BRP game and I looking for other approaches.

#2 tooley1chris

tooley1chris

Destroyer of Free Time

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

This may or may not help, Kevin(?), as I'm unfamiliar with RQ6s rules regarding this, but my own house rule is excepted by MY picky players and goes as follows:
Subtract 1 point per SIZ of every individual in melee, who's not the target, from the attacker skill%
Starting from smallest to largest, subtract each combatants SIZ from 100, keeping track of their range.
(Ie: a halfling with SIZ 6 would have a threat range of 94-100, then the dwarf SIZ 10 would have a range of 83-93.)
If the attacker rolls his skill % and comes up with 85 ,he would hit the Dwarf instead of the target.
If the attackers skill % is say 150%, you could rule that subtracting 16 (total SIZ) would not give an opportunity to hit another person in melee unless the attacker fumbles.

#3 ptingler

ptingler

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

It's a penalty to the attack roll and if the attack fails, but would have succeeded if there wasn't a penalty to the roll, then it hits an adjacent target.

When firing at a specific target at the edge of a crowd or melee, the attack suffers a difficulty grade of at least Hard. If trying to fire through a group to hit a target in its midst, or on the other side, the penalty should be raised to Formidable. . . If however the marksman fails the roll, but would have succeeded if not for the firing into a crowd penalty, then an adjacent victim is struck instead. If more than one target is in the line of fire, the Games Master should determine the victim randomly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users