Quest21 DEC2019 Update

Sean_RDP

December 2019 Update

I realize I have been working on this system and these games for a long time now. With so many life changes and other projects coming up, the systems have had their own changes. And the worlds too. But none of them are being abandoned. I have actually managed to get quite a bit done on Q21 this year, even if that meant scrapping a lot of work I had done. 

As it stands Q21 looks almost nothing like OpenQuest2 at this point. And that has been part of the problem. I had this idea originally and each time I revise it, it moves away from the original OQ framework. That is only an issue if I box myself into a corner. I have made a few decisions.

Q21 is really its own thing now, though I will keep the OGL and link it backwards to OpenQuest and Legend, but do not expert it to resemble those systems closely. Skae and Runed Worlds will use this system. It will also be released as its own (free) thing for folks to use.

I will still use OQ2SRD as the basis for the unnamed Fantasy Noir game and & setting I am working on. Unless... when Newt changes OpenQuest he makes a new SRD and such. Then I might be inclined to use the new OpenQuest (3?) rather than the old. BUT since I have not seen anything on that, Fantasy Noir will still be OpenQuest2. 

• Like 4

Its 2300hrs, do you know where your super dreadnoughts are?

http://reigndragonpressblog.blogspot.com/

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2019 at 1:58 PM, Sean_RDP said:

Q21 is really its own thing now...  do not expert it to resemble those systems (OQ, Legend) closely...

Always curious about new flavors of the venerable BRP system!

Can you give us a rough sense of the differences?

C'es ne pas un .sig