Designing scenarios that make Ernalda shine

Joerg

1 hour ago, Crel said:

I wonder if their crafting rules (which involve multiple skill rolls based on the number of Task Rounds needed to complete a project) could provide the foundation of a way to set up more complex conflicts between Ernaldan characters. Sort of like a HQG extended contest?

I noted much the same in another thread a week or so back, specifically:  "I'm very much inclined to extend the Group/Extended Contest concept from HQG to RQG to create the similar climactic effect for non-combat situations as all the mechanics except for the larger framing of the contest are already in place."

All you need to do is to carry over the HQG point values for differences in result levels (e.g. tie = 0 or 1 point; 1 level difference = 2 points; 2 level difference = 3 points; 3 level difference = 5 points), and determine where you want to draw the line for victory occurring in the contest (e.g. 5+ points like HQG).  Difference in final points determines how complete a victory the result is for you.

Edited by jajagappa
  • Like 2