Allied Spirits as PCs

Rob Darvall

5 hours ago, Rob Darvall said:

As with most God Learnerism, was this simply to allow enough info for groups to create their own shamanism?

It was, and remains, a very popular theory of shamanism amongst some anthropologists.  It was very much the hallmark of the Cambellian Monomyth, which Greg attributed to the Jrusteli in Glorantha.  It is worth remembering that Greg wrote the Jrusteli up as a wildly dangerous people with no respect for local faiths.  He had a fine mind for sarcastic 'digs' at his former lecturers.

Many post-modern approaches favour the assumption of shared concepts as more of a human than a religious thing, with the religious aspects being best observed in the differences. I think that following this approach allows for far more variation, which I acknowledge is contrary to the present methodology.  As will be obvious if you read back over my posts, I think previous approaches were both better approaches and far more MGF.