The third (of three) hero stats from Different World

ArcturusAsriv

I saw that the first and third Superworld superhero conversions were posted in the downloads (X-Men and DNAgents), so I added the missing one (New Teen Titans).
But it seems to have been taken down.
Did Perrin only approve the first and third one to be shared?

Edit:
After doing some research, it seems that the Titans stats were up at one point. Posted by an Admin, even.
So, it looks like something unrelated to Perrin may have been the reason they're not up.
Truly a shame, but that's the way the world is these days.

Edited by ArcturusAsriv
Researched

On 2/13/2020 at 4:35 PM, ArcturusAsriv said:

Edit:
After doing some research, it seems that the Titans stats were up at one point. Posted by an Admin, even.
So, it looks like something unrelated to Perrin may have been the reason they're not up.
Truly a shame, but that's the way the world is these days.

Yeah, a shame, but to be fair, the world's always been that way.  But it's become increasingly easy to collect, alter, and redistribute the works of others without proper attribution (and, possibly, compensation), so interested parties need to ride herd on who's doing what with their creations.  Sometimes it's a polite, but officious "Not at this time" in response to a request to share derivative works.

!i!

• Thanks 2

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

No, no -- I sympathise. Some of my favorite resources from the free-wheeling early days of RPGs have had to be pulled over the years due to a creator's need to assert and protect intellectual property rights, under circumstances people didn't or couldn't foresee back in the '70s and '80s.  Homage and free advertisement one day; copyright infringement the next.

!i!

• Like 2

There've been a lot, but that was right there at the start.  R.E. Howard's Conan was also detailed in early boxed D&D, but that may've been slightly after hobbits and balrogs.  Tunnels & Trolls had balrogs in all of their early editions, too.  Then there's the infamous need to remove the Cthulhu Mythos and the Elric pantheon from later printings of Deities & Demigods for AD&D 1e* because a certain company of upstarts (a-hem) asserted licensing rights over them.  And, of course, there was the later follow-on misunderstanding regarding licensing rights regarding the Elric/Young Kingdoms IP that got a little testy a while back.

Yeah, there was a time when the gaming hobby was a quaint little enthusiast's backwater that could be largely dismissed as "mostly harmless".  With the advent of the Internet, even obscure hobbyists achieve a level of visibility and distribution that requires careful exertion of property rights.

!i!

[*Funny story.  Back in college I tried a stint with our campus Gaming Club, which included a good bunch of RPGers, though decidedly of the D&D stripe.  For some variety, I offered to GM some of my Chaosium games, including this still-newfangled Call of Cthulhu.  My offer was met with some enthusiasm, but I was met with even more by the players who had a copy of the original printing of Deities & Demigods that included the Cthulhu Mythos and who were super eager to loan it to me to use in their ongoing D&D campaign.  That's not quite the point of Call of Cthulhu, I tried to explain.  In CoC, you're on the fuzzy end of the monster-killing lollipop -- that's the fun of it!  I was then met with blank stares and pursed lips, and not invited back as a guest GM for any of their games.]

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ian Absentia said:

... Yeah, there was a time when the gaming hobby was a quaint little enthusiast's backwater that could be largely dismissed as "mostly harmless".  With the advent of the Internet, even obscure hobbyists achieve a level of visibility and distribution that requires careful exertion of property rights ...

It wasn't the internet...  It was when "the hobby" stopped distributing via typewritten rules & transcribed notes, mimeographed and snail-mailed, or even sold in specialty magazines and obscure stores... and began getting their Balrogs & Hobbits & such professionally printed, and sold in conventional retail outlets... after that, it was only a matter of time...

Possibly also some stirrings over "satanic panic," and not wanting to be tarred with that brush (but afaik, we just recently lost the guy who could actually SAY if this particular issue was part of that particular decision).

C'es ne pas un .sig