Out Now in PDF & Print — Treasures of Glorantha

Austin

6 hours ago, Joerg said:

Re: Dragonbreaker: getting awakened by bagpipe music at four in the morning sounds like a training method to me. Usually followed by a four hour warm-up exercise (running up that hill etc.) before the sword is even drawn.

There's a fun anecdote with this one, for how it showed up in my campaign...

My players went to Nochet, and had a big iron bar they'd looted from a ruin in God Forgot en route. The intention was that they could basically trade that in for cool toys, because they'd been wanting to go magic item shopping for a while. In Nochet, I made a 100 L "gacha game," and had a bigass emerald sword hanging from the back of the stall. I knew nothing else about it, I just wanted a cool prize to persuade players to lose all their money trying to win magic items (instead of buying them from merchants, or trading their own for new ones).

They each do a few rolls, and their luck is lousy so they win some random trinkets and maybe a POW storing crystal. Then the leader pulls out the big iron bar and just says "Hey, I'll trade you for taht sword."

So the trickster/merchant dude is instantly like YES PLEASE trades for it and declares "no backsies!" before scurrying off with his actually-valuable loot.

Not sure what to do with the sword - I'd never expected them to get it (I figured a POW×5 roll of 01 or some shit) I declare that it's haunted by an old Orlanthi ghost. No matter what the owner did, it was never "proper" enough (because ha ha, old people). And then it played loud, obnoxious bagpipe music which was distinctly audible from the sword to everyone around, not just the person touching/trying to attune it.

His name was Shireg, I think.

• Haha 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website