White Bear & White Moon

scott-martin

On 5/13/2020 at 6:58 AM, Sir_Godspeed said:

This is what I love in a villain - internally consistent, but practically nuts conclusions based on taking otherwise logical premises to their end. 

You know, like the Agent in Firefly, or Gavin Magnus in Heroes of Might & Magic 4 (wanted to mind control everyone to make world peace), or Thanos. 

(Granted, the *actual* logical consistency of their plans is pretty brittle, but the point is that they should at least sound somewhat sensical while at the same time triggering a primal hostility with the player/viewer/reader).

This is why I cannot see Sedenya & the Lunars(*)  ultimately as anything but villains in Glorantha:  fuelling the Glowline, keeping the Bat fed, etc...  They talk a good game, all radical equality & cosmopolitan acceptance... but the deeper you delve the worser it looks.

(*)  Egads but "Sedenya & the Lunars" sounds like 70s/80s Girl Group, e.g. Siouxsie & the Banshees... But what I really picture here is Susanna Hoffs leading the Bangles in Walk Like an Egyptian.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig