Gloranthan nautical flags

Brootse

2 hours ago, Brootse said:

In Glorantha that may be true, but in RuneQuest the community needs 50 persons to have a Wyter.

Semi-true. A wyter requires the amount of dedication 50 regular community members provide. A bunch of zealots or deeply committed members can lower that number.

The lightbringers had 6 members when receiving their wyter. And one of them was Eurmal.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

I ran a naval campaign focused on the Sweet Sea, which, in our timeline, had recently opened.  The PCs were Lunars sailing out of Harandash on "fisheries patrol", while also discovering new islands and fending off mysterious rivals from Charg.

Naval Flags in specific never came up, but we had Vexilla.  I assume the ships would have flags of the Goddess in our case.  Maybe this?

image.png.c6b6baefb2dd5eef367f806ae28d8e98.png

Ships had Wyters.  We had a Sorcery Spell called "Firerain" that would quickly destroy any ship without.  (Haven't read the RQG Sorcery Rules but I bet they have something similar)  I could see 50 people on shore, the shipwrights, commanders, land forces, clerks, contributing to the wyter even if the crew is much less than 50.

We had fun.  The most fun was when the players got totally bored with "fisheries patrol" (as was intended) and started stirring up trouble.

Certain boats were known as being faster, stealthier, tougher, or, on the downside, slower or crappier.

Edited by Rodney Dangerduck
added flag
  • Like 2