The Savage North - progress update

Newt

Quick update on progress on The Savage North adventure pack, which is flying along.

• John Ossoway is finishing off the maps and has started the black and white line art, three pieces out fifteen sketches. Really nice stuff that evokes the setting.
  • I've started work on the Settings guide in earnest. This will include a short and unpretentious Gazetteer and descriptions and stats of the local important NPCs. As well as this factual information I intend to include lots of adventure seeds so you can expand use of the book beyond the scenario arc.
  • I've started playtesting with my group, actual play report to come, and we had a ball. The group is made up of barbarian types and so far they've won arm wrestling contests, been approached by mysterious hooded strangers and killed evil cultists (and their pet giant snake) in an underground temple to a foul and evil god. We're having a ball :)

Tentative date for release Oct/Nov 2009.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

• 3 months later...

In the final stages of playtesting and balancing the numbers, getting to play again this afternoon :)

Also started on layout, first couple of chatpters done (out off about 10).

Should be out before XMAS or shortly after if Real Life mugs me with lots of XMAS parties and family time :)

Yay! :thumb: This has been the my single most anticipated D100-related product this year, though I may actually end up using it primarily for setting info to add an arctic region or continent to the Barbarians of Lemuria setting. I'll have to see how well the two combine, as I haven't received my copy of the new BoL book yet.

RPGbericht (Dutch)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Preorders are going well, and will be shipped next week. PDF is now available to download to people who have preordered.

REMEMBER TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF THE PREORDER!

After this you'll have to buy through Lulu and I won't be listing it the there until I've shipped the Preorders.