God Forgot Horali, how make?

10baseT

How would you roll one up? Probably use the Warrior occupation and determine if the unit is cavalry or infantry. They don’t cast magic or have a god, so no spirit/rune spells or passions to a god. Probably Loyalty Talar. Would they have runes on them, like the Law rune? I also wonder how they would heal themselves (since warriors tend to get wounded). Is it maybe their zaburi caste has unguents or potions for them to use? Also, since they're a warrior caste and that's all they do, i would think their skill sets would tend to the higher side and with better quality of weapons and armor... but i really don't know.

56 minutes ago, 10baseT said:

How would you roll one up? Probably use the Warrior occupation and determine if the unit is cavalry or infantry. They don’t cast magic or have a god, so no spirit/rune spells or passions to a god.

While they probably don't have a god, I don't have a problem with their knowing spirit magic (although casting hostile magics on others, such as demoralise, befuddle or disruption, would be a violation of caste and so Taboo).  They could know rune magic through emulating Horal and other famous Brithini warriors.  How this would work might be based on what Jeff has said in the past is practical God-Learning as practiced by the modern Hrestoli -getting a Zzzaburi to cast protective sorcery and then send you into the Hero Planes.  

There are some hints in both published and unpublished materials.  For example "After several initiations Arkat noticed that he came to the same “places” during the
ceremonies, though in different roles" (Guide p130), one of those initiations was as a Brithini (otherwise there would only be two which is hardly several).

Such rune spells would still be subject to the same caste limits - no hostile magics, healing others is either Zzaburi or women's work etc.  Given that we are talking about the Holy Country here (whose Zzaburi are notorious for the Eye that does Too Much Acid (Guide p248), I expect them to have a variety of spells.

• Like 1