Forum organization

Trifletraxor

I'd like your opinions on how you would like the forums organized. The content is growing, and much good stuff is lost when the threads disappear off the first pages.

I'm thinking about a division into 5 main forums:

1. Basic Roleplaying - the main discussion forum, much as it is.
  2. Supplements & Monographs - now contains threads for all the published supplement, and organization I'm happy with. Should it contain threads for the works in progress too? Would it be beneficial to collect all the talk about current and future publications in one place?
  3. Settings & Systems - conversions of specific systems and non-BRP settings to BRP. Could be the form of individual threads OR subforums for each. What would you prefer?
  4. Outside the hive - conventions, trading, site feedback or anything that dows not fit into the other forums.
  5. Playtesting - subforums for playtesting works in progress.
Please give me some opinions on how you would like it.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I'd like your opinions on how you would like the forums organized. The content is growing, and much good stuff is lost when the threads disappear off the first pages.

I'm thinking about a division into 5 main forums:

1. Basic Roleplaying - the main discussion forum, much as it is.

Sounds good to me.

2. Supplements & Monographs - now contains threads for all the published supplement, and organization I'm happy with. Should it contain threads for the works in progress too? Would it be beneficial to collect all the talk about current and future publications in one place?

I'd say keep published in one location so the section doesn't get swamped with clutter.

Possibly a sub-forum for works in progress if necessary, and please keep the playtest sub-forums. :thumb:

3. Settings & Systems - conversions of specific systems and non-BRP settings to BRP. Could be the form of individual threads OR subforums for each. What would you prefer?

I prefer subforums for ease of navigation and clarity.

4. Outside the hive - conventions, trading, site feedback or anything that dows not fit into the other forums.

Always useful to have a miscellaneous section.

5. Playtesting - subforums for playtesting works in progress.

I think a closed sub-forum works as it shields the sections, but means that it may be useful to have a more public discussion area depending on individual author tastes.

SGL.

Thanks Sverre as ever for maintaining the boards. :thumb:

Edited by leonmallett

Very slowly working towards completing my monograph.

I'd say keep published in one location so the section doesn't get swamped with clutter.

Possibly a sub-forum for works in progress if necessary,

The threads could be differentiated with green arrows for published ones, light bulbs for submitted ones and normal sheets for works in progress. but I do see your point.

and please keep the playtest sub-forums. :thumb:

But of course! ;)

[settings & Systems] I prefer subforums for ease of navigation and clarity.

I somewhat agree with this.

Anyone else with opinions on this?

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.