New scenario on the Miskatonic Repository - Test Subjects

klecser

Hey everyone, 

Check out my addition to the Miskatonic Repository!

"Test Subjects" is a 25-page 1920s sandbox scenario that invites investigators to explore the Boston underground...and more.

With original art from Kari Fears. 

The scenario is suitable as an introductory foray into the Mythos, but can also be used by experienced groups.

What do you get?

-Keeper advice and options, including how it might run differently as an introduction to a campaign or as a one-shot

-Ready-to-print player-friendly handouts (including a handout designed to be customized to your group!)

-Keeper aides to help run the scenario

-Playtest notes

-Weird Tech!

Check it out!

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/333222/Test-Subjects

Edited by klecser
  • Like 8

I am looking for a scenario to put my investigators through after finishing up "Edge of Darkness", and this looks very interesting.

Two questions, though,

Are the specified geographic locations important? Or can they be easily changed?

And, is the time setting changable?

49 minutes ago, greger said:

I am looking for a scenario to put my investigators through after finishing up "Edge of Darkness", and this looks very interesting.

Two questions, though,

Are the specified geographic locations important? Or can they be easily changed?

And, is the time setting changable?

Short answer: Yes and yes! :)

Long answer:

The geographical locations can be changed to really suit ANY location the Keeper is familiar with. The NPC descriptions are in-tune with the scenario setting, but these can be easily altered. I chose the locations that I did to just write about Locations I'd like to see in CoC. Other Keepers should certainly do that! Of course, photos in Handouts would not be relevant to new locations.

The time setting is also changeable. It could be 1890s and not affect the history of the specific locations presented too much. Industry becomes pre-Prohibition industry, for example. It could also be Modern, as cell phone use wouldn't affect the nature of the scenario at all, other than speeding up the rapidity of getting some clues. And being underground in Modern would work very well, because without satellite signals underground, it just adds an added psychology of "modern frustration" to the experience.

I'm all about flexibility for Keepers. Thanks for enquiring and I hope you enjoy it if you decide to purchase!

Edited by klecser
  • Like 1

@gregerI should note that certain buildings in certain locations weren't constructed until certain dates. So, if historical realism is important to you in 1890s, a Keeper would have to select a different Landmark for one location. If you're switching locations that wouldn't matter. :) In Modern, one Landmark featured in one location no longer exists.

Edited by klecser

@klecser As I  mentioned, I am playing through Edge of Darkness now, but I started it in spring of 1920, and I have moved and translated all of it to be set in Norway, where we live, so that all players and myself are in familiar territory. So I am considering different options to continue from there, when that is solved. And you said it can be good for beginners, and not very lethal, which are both qualities I like, at least for now. So this is definetively an interesting scenario now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So,

ran this last night.

We had fun. I had done some changes, and nothing happened as I anticipated.
Don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but I can't seem to figure out if there is anyway to  write hidden/spoiler-text, here.

Edit: Wrote about it in its own thread (with some spoilers) https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/13171-i-ran-test-subjects-scenario-with-adaptions-spoilers/

Edited by greger
Add link to separate thread.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Test Subjects is currently on sale as part of DriveThruRPG's GM's Day Sale! For less than three bucks you can get a full-length scenario complete with Keeper aides to help you execute the consequences of 

Spoiler

risky Gate travel! Wooooooooooooo!

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/333222/Test-Subjects

Edited by klecser