Call of Cthulhu with runequest

Zuldan

Back in the day I co-wrote a RQ3 adventure called Viking Berserks versus Cthulhu Monsters in Greenland! for a Sydney game convention. It featured Mi-Go and Ithaqua. 

We just used the Cthulhu monsters as is in RQ3. You can back convert them from the current edition or use an older edition. Easy!

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Zuldan said:

Curious on how much adjustments will be down to utilize both games into one super setting. Would it be worth it or should I just use dark age coc for fantasy based things? 

It depends if you want to share the systems (CoC using RQ's crunchier rules) or share the settings (CoC in Glorantha or something? I'm not sure).

For a more fantasy take on CoC, you can already use Cthulhu Dark Ages indeed (for a medieval take) or Cthulhu Invictus (for a more ancient, Roman Empire take), which are both supplements for CoC 7th edition, I believe. You can also just add a CoC "flavour" to any game, really. You could have CoC-like investigations and monsters in Pathfinder or My Little Poney RPG if you want. PetersenGames has a book on the topic, with DnD 5e stat blocks.

Edited by lordabdul
  • Thanks 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !