RuneQuest 3 Vikings: missing stats

smiorgan

Hi,

I have a question concerning the old RQ3 Vikings. I guess it belongs here rather than in the Mythic Iceland  subforum.

The text of the Gone Viking scenario refers to several NPCs and monsters in the Redmore Dun episode as if they were statted (Redmore, Mogoc, Beregrund), but there is no trace of them in the stats booklet. Clearly they are meant to be statted (there is a huge melee in the scenario).

Do you know whether these stats have surfaced anywhere as errata (e.g. in magazines) or as fanmade additions?

Thanks!

Smiorgan

P.S. RQ Glorantha is awesome but I was taken by a sudden Viking urge lately... 

16 hours ago, smiorgan said:

I have a question concerning the old RQ3 Vikings. I guess it belongs here rather than in the Mythic Iceland  subforum. The text of the Gone Viking scenario refers to several NPCs and monsters in the Redmore Dun episode as if they were statted (Redmore, Mogoc, Beregrund), but there is no trace of them in the stats booklet. Clearly they are meant to be statted (there is a huge melee in the scenario).

Do you know whether these stats have surfaced anywhere as errata (e.g. in magazines) or as fanmade additions?

I pondered what happened to those stats and wondered if we had the Vikings manuscript in the archives. I didn't have time to look for that, but it gave me an idea. RQ3 licensees would sometimes add material to existing products, like Games Workshop did to Griffin Island. The first licensee I remembered that did Vikings was JOC International, who translated it into Spanish. I grabbed Los Vikingos off the shelf and lo and behold, it had the stats you seek. Here's a scan of the page (No, I don't have a translation of it.):

LosVikingos-p126.thumb.jpg.1ba135d419c02b1b1c07b17834e0b036.jpg

Edited by Rick Meints
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.