Zulfikar Zaban

As a matter of fact I will be looking for 2 to 4 players (newcomers, please as I am running old classic games) for a 6 week session. One or two games with one episode zero to meet and decide which direction we want our one/two shot game to go. I intend to use pregens from the RQ RiG book seeing as it is such a chore to roll new ones and we are only playing one or two scenarios.

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

3 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

As a matter of fact I will be looking for 2 to 4 players (newcomers, please as I am running old classic games) for a 6 week session. One or two games with one episode zero to meet and decide which direction we want our one/two shot game to go. I intend to use pregens from the RQ RiG book seeing as it is such a chore to roll new ones and we are only playing one or two scenarios.

Perfect! Thanks Bill the Barbarian. If you want, I'm sure I could find some other players if you can't find anybody. Just for a heads up, I have games on Friday and Sunday nights, other than that, I'm very flexible.

Edited by Zulfikar Zaban

On 9/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, Ian Absentia said:

This very feature of the game has also, I think, proven a challenge for many players.  As I've stated elsewhere, it's no fewer than three, maybe four, different game concepts gathered under one cover.  Then any given Past Life era potentially presents an entirely different historical setting if you engage in flashback play.  I wholeheartedly agree that the game opens the pathway to -- almost necessitates -- personal research into world history, world religion, occult science and mysticism, conspiracy theory, current world affairs.  It can be a daunting project to keep a lid on, and a steep price for admission.  Imagine playing Call of Cthulhu sequentially or simultaneously in all of the published eras and genres, including the Dreamlands and Delta Green.  It'd be wild!

So how do prospective GMs wrap their arms around Nephilim?  How do you keep that lid on to successfully bring it to a boil, but not blow out of control?  What scope do you use to keep it in focus?  What tools and GM/player resources do you want to see to make the game work as a game, and not just a research project?

!i!

10 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Without a timezone (GMT +/- is the easiest) those numbers mean little on BRP, good sir.

Good point: Mountain Daylight Time

Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 11:53 PM

14 hours ago, Groovetronic said:

Im starting Company of the Dragon. Reach out to me over private message.

Sorry to butt in, Is this worth doing with out having done Six Seasons? If so, I would happily send a PM to you complete with a gross of chocolate chip cookies and a quart of aurochs milk for dipping, but I am looking for a Six Seasons Game if possible (no luck yet). ZZ keep i mind we are only gaming for August, you may well wish to see if you can still join this game in September if Six Season (part one) is not relevant to you. 

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!