Running Harlem Unbound

GothmogIV

Greetings, squamous ones. After playing D&D 5e for about six months, I am beginning to transition back to CoC. I just got Harlem Unbound, but haven't cracked it yet. Anyone running this bad boy? Any thoughts? All helpful opinions and suggestions welcome.

I have been, though it's been stalled for several weeks because of the absence of a player.  I've been using my own scenarios rather than the published ones, but a couple of maxims I think are good advice:

1.  Shamelessly namedrop.  The early chapters give you a lot of places and names important to the Renaissance - incorporate them, even if only fleetingly.  Relatedly, be generous with giving the Investigators contacts.

2.  Let the Investigators see the after effects of their victories.  If they save someone, have an encounter later on where they see that person doing well.  The Harlem Renaissance was about black people building themselves a community on their own terms - let the Investigators contribute to that.

3.  On the flip side, have the occasional scenario with the evils of this world - racism, crime, and so on.

• Like 2