Ruin Masters from RiotMinds

smiorgan

7 hours ago, g33k said:

Did it go for the 0-99 & crit/fumble doubles as per d00lite?

Actually it didn't. 98-00 was a fumble and 01-03 was a perfect roll. It had exploding dice too, which isn't D00lite. But Attributes were D10 created via a formula. Only D10s are used in the game, Weapon damage was therefore in D10s. There were no Character levels, but threre were skill levels, which were bought by spending expeience points and skill advancement got more expensive each level. Everything from movement and healing rates to carrying capasity could be improved by spending experience points too. So it really was pretty D00lite in that sense.  You could either attack or defend. Both actions taking an action point, however you could buy extra actions quite quickly or even, (just about) in the character generation, so that you could do both in the same round. Things that could unbalance the game such as extra action points or super healing rates, quickly got very expensive, so game balance was actually rather good.

1 hour ago, Mugen said:

From my point of view, that's a terrible thing to say. As for myself, I was not impressed by Dragonbane. The way skill opposition is handled (roll under, lowest roll wins), and the fact you have to forfeit your attack to defend (which means that if you miss that roll, you've just lost your turn) were two major design flaws in my opinion.

Everything new in DB seemed to be taken from Forbidden Land.

In Dragonbane the defensive and the Dodge Heroic  abilities allow parrying and dodging without using your combat action. So to some degree that was addressed. As for opposed skill rolls, I'd have to agree.

Edited by Rich Tom