Character Creation

Scout

Are the Optional Bonus Skill Point Packages on page 27 part of the optional "build your own profession", or are they a part of the standard Profession lists?

Also, it says (page 27) "What did your Agent do before his or her current profession?" This makes it sound like they are additional 'hobby' type skills you get on top all other skill ratings regardless of where they come from. 

It also says "If you like, grab a package to quickly choose the eight skills for your Agent's bonus skill points." If you like? 

Basically, I have no idea at all how to use the Optional Bonus Skill Point Packages on page 27. 

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks all. 

Edited by Scout
  • Like 1

I think that they are both. You choose to allocate bonus points in 8 skill You choose (page 20) or take one set from the list from page 27 and allocate them between those skills. Or You can build new profession based on that list - page 27 also. Hope this will help and not cloud this subject even more. 

1 hour ago, alter said:

I think that they are both. You choose to allocate bonus points in 8 skill You choose (page 20) or take one set from the list from page 27 and allocate them between those skills. Or You can build new profession based on that list - page 27 also. Hope this will help and not cloud this subject even more. 

That sounds good to me. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alter said:

As always this is Your game and in the end You got the last word on it.

This is true, but I would like to get it right in case the characters begin with too many skill points or even not enough. I'd like to make sure of that rule for game balance. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 4:37 AM, Scout said:

This is true, but I would like to get it right in case the characters begin with too many skill points or even not enough. I'd like to make sure of that rule for game balance. 

I am not an advanced Delta Green player. To date I have read the agents book and played maybe 20 games. With that background I would point out that there is zero balance in this game. In every fight with the mythos we have been in, it was all we could do to survive - not win. Even facing human adversaries there wasn’t much balance as it often comes down to who gets the drop on who and if automatic weapons are in play. Just though you might want to know.

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!