Inspiration from Laird Barron's work?

Beoferret

Have any of you ever used CoC to run scenarios based on any of Laird Barron's stories or otherwise tried to incorporate aspects of his work into your gaming? Some of his tales seem to be begging to be turned into a game session - I'm especially thinking here of "Blackwood's Baby," "The Men From Porlock," and "Bulldozer." And the malevolent forces he imagines seem to fit right in to a mythos-like world, e.g., the creature/demon known as Belphegor and the cult surrounding the Children of Old Leech. Lots of inspiration in his work for Jazz Age or modern campaigns - to my mind at least. 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2021 at 10:20 AM, SentinelHillPress said:

Even if you’ve not read his stories, he has been posting (on Twitter) real-life (?) strange stories every day of October. Great ideals for spooky moments - 

Very cool! Thanks for the head's up. I wonder if he'd be willing to rework a story or two for Chaosium. He is a roleplayer (I think D&D 3.5).

On 10/31/2021 at 11:32 AM, Beoferret said:

Very cool! Thanks for the head's up. I wonder if he'd be willing to rework a story or two for Chaosium. He is a roleplayer (I think D&D 3.5).

It's really cool to find out that so many of my favourite authors seem to be roleplayers! China Mieville, R. Scott Bakker, now Laird Barron ... can please someone tell me that Jeff Vandermeer is a roleplayer, too?😄