Steve Perrin's North Coast campaign?

jdrakeh01

I'm trying to find as much information as I can about Steve Perrin's North Coast campaign. He mentioned it in an interview, where he said it had been played under at least five systems and I personally know that D&D and Runequest account for two of those systems. I don't know much else (yet). Any information you can provide would be much appreciated!

On 3/26/2022 at 3:31 PM, jdrakeh01 said:

I'm trying to find as much information as I can about Steve Perrin's North Coast campaign. He mentioned it in an interview, where he said it had been played under at least five systems and I personally know that D&D and Runequest account for two of those systems. I don't know much else (yet). Any information you can provide would be much appreciated!

I assume "SPQR" (Steve Perrin Quest Rules) was one of the systems.
Maybe Ray Turney's HR?  There may even be a copy of that in the downloads.

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 3/29/2022 at 7:15 PM, g33k said:

I assume "SPQR" (Steve Perrin Quest Rules) was one of the systems.
Maybe Ray Turney's HR?  There may even be a copy of that in the downloads.

SPQR is definitely a very likely candidate. Perhaps HR. That said, I now know for certain that four of the five systems were OD&D, AD&D, Arduin, and Runequest. 

1 hour ago, jdrakeh01 said:

...  four of the five systems were OD&D, AD&D, Arduin, and Runequest ..

Unfortunately(?) for your own quest, wasn't the original quote "at least" 5 systems?

Hypothetically, you may learn of the sixth system -- or the seventh, or ...?  -- played, and one one of "the five" he was originally considering.

Ray Turney's own system was titled "Fire and Sword" & sometimes called "Rayquest" (I am only hypothesizing that early Perrin may have used early Turney for this).

C'es ne pas un .sig

13 hours ago, g33k said:

Ray Turney's own system was titled "Fire and Sword" & sometimes called "Rayquest" (I am only hypothesizing that early Perrin may have used early Turney for this).

His rules, which we players always called "Rayquest", but he called "Fire and Sword", are available on this site:  https://basicroleplaying.org/forum/23-fire-and-sword/.  I don't think Steve used them but I could be wrong.

On 4/3/2022 at 12:45 AM, g33k said:

Unfortunately(?) for your own quest, wasn't the original quote "at least" 5 systems?

Hypothetically, you may learn of the sixth system -- or the seventh, or ...?  -- played, and one one of "the five" he was originally considering.

True! But I know the identity of four systems conclusively (there were conversion notes for all of them in the archive that I procured).