Dai-Ichi

Ned

2 hours ago, Leingod said:

Pixies are drawn to horses, riding them for pleasure and making tangled ringlets in the manes of those horses they ride.

These ones might have just been particularly malicious about it, perhaps spooking and stressing out the horses; horses are notoriously prone to suffering health problems in conditions like that, and it's easy to imagine that more than a few would die under such treatment.

The upcoming Woods of Terror has the Forest Goblin that does exactly that, riding horses and tangling their manes, leaving them exhausted in the morning.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 3/30/2022 at 2:30 AM, JRE said:

I can only add that "dai-ichi" is "number one" in Japanese. Seems a strange name for anything found in the Mislari mountains, but your own explanation would fit very well with their description as sprites. Killing demon horses of darkness seems like a sun power.

While I am no scholar of Japanese, "dai" can mean "big" or "great", and "ichi"  means "one".  It could be that Dai-Ichi is a sideways nod to CoC, as "Great Ones".  Of course it could also mean "big ones", and refer to anything including R.U.S. (Princess Bride ref)