Ice Helm

Erol of Backford

image.png.fb4ef4f038dc02497a32245c11fef9a7.png

In the ToTRM 10 p.8, it talks about a Heroquest done with the Ice Helms, Boots Harder than Iron as well as the Red Boat of the Artmali. This is of course related to the Firebergs but I am more interested in the Ice Helms which I assume offer fire and heat protection.

Where might they be found or how would one quest/heroquest for them in order to have a better chance at resisting fire or heat damage? Say the PC's want to be able to resist dragon's fire breath? (if you have done a Valind type Heroquest before or know where one might be found please advise)

Would the helm provide one with a fire resistance at a level based on the number of magic points furnished or give unlimited fire protection for a certain time after sacrificing an actual POW point? Maybe they cut fire/heat damage by 1/2 or 1/4?

I like the idea they have a few abilities rather than just one trait, 1/4 damage from fire, skin of life? What about ice javelins? Possibly the wearer is able to breathe a cone of cold like a frost giant or ice demon's thrown icicles?

Do they have some Valind rune magic matrix on them, snow, increase wind, cloud call and the like?

Any ideas are appreciated!

I'd say Ice helms are enchanted Ice made from the heads of Hollri per RQB page 184. Just use the head ice points (15) and give heat immunity. Likewise their Ice spears. If you want, enchant them giving them x1.5 ice points.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/