BRP appreciation thread (and houserules)

5 hours ago, Barak Shathur said:

Is there an archive of Q&A for BGB from around the time it came out?

There are no hidden BRP threads on this site. So whatever you search for you should find.

Since the producers don't seem to answer questions about it on this forum,

Of the producers, only Jason is active on this forum (and there's only three of the original seven creators left)

You can try summoning him if he's not busy on other projects using "at" Jason D

it would be interesting to see what questions were raised back then, and if there were some clarifications made. Thanks.

You might like to check the 2009 Chaosium site: https://web.archive.org/web/20090924084747/http://catalog.chaosium.com/links.php?lPath=3

You may also be able to locate a copy of the Basic_Roleplaying Yahoo! Group, my web-fu has failed to locate a copy at Tapatalk or Archive.org

See also:

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

Is there an archive of Q&A for BGB from around the time it came out? Since the producers don't seem to answer questions about it on this forum, it would be interesting to see what questions were raised back then, and if there were some clarifications made. Thanks.

I was one of the “play testers” (a misnomer as it wasn’t new material that required play testing in the usual sense… but there was a bunch of us who commented on various drafts of the manuscript to Jason and discussed a number of issues); I did some leg work for Jason on going over iterations of the Elric! Attack / Parry / Dodge matrix.

I don’t recall there being a formal Q&A per se, albeit I think Jason did some interviews at the time… I might even have some old emails archived, but given iirc we were commenting on the manuscript in something like 2005 or 2006, it’s not likely (my gmail archive only goes back to 2011). Feel free to ask me questions, but I can’t guarantee I’ll remember stuff, and as I say, I was just one of a pool of volunteers who commented on the manuscript for Jason.

There is a collation of errata in the files section here iirc. Earliest threads here are from late 2007 when, iirc, the manuscript had been delivered but before the book was released? And among which was this 

• Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1