Forest of wonderful beasts

Jose

I'm not sure that you can. Which is a good thing - these intriguingly titled but under-specified zones are full of opportunity!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

You could use something like the forest spirit in Mononoke as the Wise Stag Monarch? To me it fits perfectly. Might be mistaken but it transforms to/from ethereally at dusk and dawn:

image.png.d70942483e17147caff615a0ab267872.png image.png.ad5194d272f8296fcf4153fbcf4d8367.png

There is also a great example for the stag in Six Seasons in Sartar by Andrew Logan (its on Drive Thru RPG). I just finished reading it the other day. It's a great book!

Edited by Erol of Backford
  • Like 3