BRP Witchcraft and Val-du-Loup

Dyvim Matt

Hi,

Taking advantage of the Chaosium Thanksgiving sale, I just bought BRP Wichcraft and Val-du-Loup.

Congratulations to Gheedon and Byron Alexander for some very nice products! I'm not finished reading the books yet, but I've had a very good look, and so far, I like what I see!

BRP Witchcraft does a great job setting just the right mood, and the potions and talisman rules will certainly come in handy.

Val-du-Loup looks really promising. There seems to be a lot of research put into it, with very good results.

I'm presently running a Call of Cthulhu campaign, but once it's finished, I can't wait to run a campaign using those two books!

Proud pen-and-paper roleplayer since 1991!

Blood and Souls for Lord Arioch!

Couldn't you segue from CoC to Val-du-Loup? Your PCs' investigations take them to the modern du-Loup region of Europe. When they go crazy/die, as they inevitably will, instead of perishing they find themselves in the medieval Vale of the Wolf, given the chance to add to their existing understanding of the forces that menaced them. If they succeed in thwarting the menace in the middle ages, they'll have prevented it from affecting the future (their present) and will find themselves sane and whole in the modern era (or whatever era your Cthulhu campaign is in).

Seneschal,

I didn't think about it, although it is tempting! I actually had something in mind for the PCs to be transported to sometime around 1700 at some point, because my campaign revolves a lot around Keziah Mason, from The Dreams in the Witch House, and the PCs aren't completely convinced yet that the "old lady" they keep crossing on the street is REALLY old! Two time travels in the same campaign sounds like a lot to me, but you never know! >:>

EDIT: Then again, my Val-du-Loup campaign will probably involve the Cthulhu Mythos. I guess it's just a matter of choosing between the existing PCs or new ones.

Edited by Dyvim Matt
An afterthought

Proud pen-and-paper roleplayer since 1991!

Blood and Souls for Lord Arioch!

Heh, such temporal bouncing around was par for the course in Dark Shadows. No, not the over-the-top 1991 remake, the 1966 original:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Shadows

In fact, the hapless characters went to both the past and the future and even experienced parallel time lines, existing simultaneously in two different eras. They'd have been messed up even if they hadn't had to deal with vampires, werewolves, witches and ghosts.